This issue contains 4 sections.
Ratification of human rights conventions
The Netherlands has ratified a large number of international conventions on human rights.
A selection of the international conventions the Netherlands has ratified
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948)
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (1966)
- International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (1966)
- International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (1966)
- Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (1979)
- Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (1984)
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (1989)
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006)
- International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance (2006)
Documents and publications
Human rights memorandum ‘Responsible for Freedom’ 2011
Memorandum human rights 'Responsible for Freedom 2011' by Minister of Foreign Affairs Uri Rosenthal to the House of ...
Human rights policy memorandum ‘Freedom of Expression and Freedom of Religion and Belief’
This memorandum details the Netherlands’ efforts to help achieve universal respect for the freedoms of expression and ...