Bert Koenders highest UN representative in Mali
Mr Koenders will head a Stabilization Mission. The main task is to contribute to a peaceful and stable Mali.
New general flagging instructions
The Prime Minister has informed the cabinet of his decision to adopt new general instructions for flying the flag on government buildings.
Abuses in Bangladesh textile industry to be tackled
The Netherlands will co-chair a group of donor countries to tackle abuses in Bangladesh’s textile industry.
Tighter control needed for 112 emergency number
Tighter control of the entire chain is needed to ensure the effectiveness of the national emergency number system.
Baby milk supplies to supermarkets to be increased
The Minister for Agriculture is joining forces with the sector to tackle the illegal import in China of baby formula.
Decreasing deficit in spite of disappointing economy
The year 2012 was largely eclipsed by disappointing developments, such as economic downturn, increasing unemployment ...
Rutte responds to murder of Wiels
Prime minister Mark Rutte has expressed the government's condemnation of the murder of Helmin Wiels, the leader of Curaçao's largest political party.
- Minister shocked by anti-gay demonstration in Georgia
- Ministry of Security and Justice to cut spending by over €1 billion
- Netherlands pledges €7.5 million to support High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Minister Schultz signs MoU on technical cooperation with India
- Ploumen: elections and reform progress essential in Mali
- From abandoned children to football-related violence, also in the new youth care system
- Ploumen seeks to get European trade negotiations with Africa back on track
- Safe Public Duty Programme to be continued
- Minister Opstelten presents student grants to Russian Minister of Justice
- Timmermans meets Arab ambassadors
- Opportunities for developing relations with Western China
- Netherlands asked to build powdered milk plants in China
- Dutch companies awarded contracts during trade mission to China
- Ploumen: shouldering responsibility after textile tragedy in Bangladesh
- The Netherlands signs agreement with Hong Kong