The government of the Netherlands is hosting the first global Summit on Responsible Artificial Intelligence in the Military Domain: REAIM 2023. REAIM 2023 will be a platform for all stakeholders to discuss the key opportunities, challenges and risks associated with military applications of AI. The event will be held on 15 and 16 February 2023 at the World Forum in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
Register now for REAIM 2023
REAIM 2023 will take place at the World Forum in The Hague. The summit will feature high level plenary sessions, a ministerial segment, keynote talks, an extensive breakout programme with panel discussions, debates and workshops, a large number of industry pitches and demonstrations, an academic forum and an invitational student track. And of course, REAIM 2023 will offer plenty of opportunities to meet others and to expand your network. Be sure to join!
Participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory, due to strict security measures.
Reception for participants on Tuesday 14 February 2023
All registered participants of REAIM 2023 are cordially invited to attend the reception on Tuesday 14 February 2023 from 7 pm – 9 pm at The Hague city hall. The reception is hosted by The Government of the Netherlands, the Republic of South Korea and the Municipality of The Hague. The Mayor of The Hague will give a short speech. Please note that registration for REAIM is required and that you need an entry badge. You can collect your entry badge at the entrance of The Hague city hall.
Hosts of REAIM 2023
REAIM 2023 will be hosted by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, Wopke Hoekstra, in close cooperation with the Dutch Ministry of Defence. REAIM 2023 will be co-hosted by the Republic of Korea. Participants will include foreign ministers and other government delegates, as well as representatives from knowledge institutions, think tanks, industry and civil society organisations.
Purpose of REAIM 2023
REAIM 2023 aims to:
- put the topic of responsible AI in the military domain higher on the political agenda;
- mobilise and activate a wide group of stakeholders to contribute to concrete next steps;
- foster and increase knowledge by sharing experiences, best practices and solutions.
REAIM 2023 will be organised along the following themes:
- Mythbusting AI: breaking down the characteristics of AI – what do we need to know about the technical aspects of AI to understand how it can be applied responsibly in a military context?
- Responsible deployment and use of AI – what do military applications of AI mean in practice? What are the main benefits and vulnerabilities?
- Governance frameworks – which frameworks exist to ensure AI is applied responsibly in the military domain? What additional instruments and tools could strengthen governance frameworks, and how can stakeholders contribute?
Selected sessions on YouTube
If you are not able to come to The Hague, you can also view selected sessions on our YouTube channel REAIM 2023.
Follow REAIM 2023 on social media for event updates and much more: