Additional measures to control the spread of coronavirus introduced in more regions
The government has announced extra measures to control the spread of coronavirus in 8 more regions. The measures have been coordinated closely with the safety regions involved. They will come into effect at 18.00 on Sunday 27 September 2020.
Extra measures in 8 more regions
The extra measures already apply in the 6 safety regions of Amsterdam-Amstelland, Rotterdam-Rijnmond, Haaglanden, Utrecht, Kennemerland and Hollands Midden.
The 8 new regions where the extra measures will also apply are:
- Brabant Zuidoost;
- Gooi en Vechtstreek;
- Zuid-Holland Zuid
Measures for all 14 regions
These general measures apply to all the 14 regions in question:
- Establishments with a catering licence must bar guests from entering and stop all music at midnight. These establishments must close at 01:00.
- Groups of more than 50 people are banned. This means, for instance, no parties, receptions or outings for groups of more than 50 people. This restriction applies both indoors and outdoors. There are some exceptions, such as demonstrations, religious gatherings, funerals, and dance and theatre.
- Organisers of gatherings of more than 50 people must notify the authorities beforehand. An example is a public concert in a park. The notification requirement does not apply to, for example:
- public transport and commercial passenger transport
- establishments with a catering licence
- religious gatherings
- markets and supermarkets
- cultural venues
- similar locations where there is a continuous flow of visitors.
Specific measures per region
Specific measures also apply per region. Check the website of a city or region to find out what the local measures are. For instance, check the city of Amsterdam's website for information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Amsterdam.