I am Dutch; can I bring family members to live with me in the UK after Brexit?

This depends on how the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU: with a deal or without a deal.

Agreements in the event of a deal

If you live in the UK, under current rules you can bring your spouse and children to the UK to live with you. This will apply at least until the end of the transition period.

Children born after the transition period

After the UK leaves the EU there may be a transition period from then until 31 December 2020. During this period, EU rules and regulations will continue to apply to the UK. It will be possible to bring children born into existing relationships after this transition period to live with you in the UK. For partners in relationships formed after the UK’s exit from the UK, the UK’s own rules on family reunification will apply.

Agreements in the event of a 'no deal’ Brexit

In the event of a ‘no deal’ scenario, the UK is responsible for national policy in this area. The UK has published a range of policy papers and ‘no deal’ notices covering such a scenario. The UK is responsible for implementing the arrangements set out in these documents. For more information, see the website of the UK’s Department for Exiting the European Union and the policy paper on the rights of EU citizens in the UK.

Ministry responsible