Coronavirus advice in brief
The number of people in the Netherlands becoming infected with coronavirus has been increasing again recently. Coronavirus is highly contagious. But new measures to control the virus are not necessary at this time.
Advice for limiting the spread of coronavirus
Following the advice below can help you and others avoid getting infected. And you’ll be helping to protect people with health concerns.
Basic advice to avoid infection
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home and do a self-test.
- If the test result is positive, self-isolate at home.
- Keep your coronavirus vaccinations up to date, even if you have no health issues.
Advice to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
Following the hygiene advice below also helps prevent other infectious diseases, like the flu and the common cold:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water and do this often. Always do this when you get home or visit someone.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Don’t shake hands. Instead, give people a nod or bump fists or elbows.
- Touch your face as little as possible.
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and discard them after use. Then wash your hands.
- In crowded places you can protect yourself and others by wearing a face mask.
If you are planning to travel abroad, check the travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before you go.