If there are serious problems in your family, you may have to accept mandatory help raising your child. A special judge who presides over cases involving children can impose a child protection order to this effect. This may be a supervision order (ondertoezichtstelling) or an order taking parental responsibility away from you (gezagsbeëindigende maatregel). The aim is to improve the situation in which your child is growing up, so their development is no longer at risk. Municipalities are responsible for child protection.