If you receive Dutch benefits and move abroad, you may in some cases be able to continue receiving your benefit. This is called exporting your benefit. EU rules apply if you are going to move to a country in the European Union, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. If you are going to move to a country outside the EU, EEA or Switzerland, you will only continue to receive a benefit if the Netherlands has a social security agreement with that country.

Other rules apply for exporting child benefit and means-tested child allowance.

See also