Ordering free COVID self-tests
Between 10 August and 1 September 2021 you received a letter from the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) at your home address. The letter explains that you can order 2 free COVID self-tests via Zelftestenbestellen.nl. You can use a self-test to find out whether you are infected with coronavirus. This will prevent you unknowingly transmitting the virus to other people when you mix with them after the summer break. For example, if you’re going back to work or school after returning from a holiday.
4 steps for ordering self-tests using the letter
Follow these 4 steps to order your 2 free self-tests using the information in the letter you received:
- Go to the website zelftestenbestellen.nl (you can select an English version of the website in the top right corner) and fill in the unique code given in your letter. Click ‘Send code’. Or scan the QR code in your letter.
- Enter your postcode. The website will check whether the code from your letter matches your postcode.
- Tick the box to confirm you want to order 2 free self-tests.
- Click ‘Confirm and Order’ to finalise your order.
Ordering free self-tests if you didn’t receive a letter
If you didn’t get the letter from the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport, or you lost the letter, you can still order self-tests. Each household is entitled to 2 free self-tests. Fill in the form on Zelftestenbestellen.nl/adres.
Self-tests delivered to your home within 7 to 10 days
The free self-tests will be delivered within 7 to 10 days after ordering. They will be sent to the same address where the letter was sent or to the address you entered on the form. The tests fit through the letterbox so you don’t have to be at home to accept delivery. They will be in an envelope from the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport.
More information about COVID self-tests
- For more information about why self-tests are necessary, visit the page on why to use a self-test.
- For more information on how to use self-tests, visit the page on using the test and interpreting the results.
- For more information on when to use a self-test and when to make an appointment to get tested by the municipal health service (GGD), visit the page on when you should and should not use a self-test.
- If you want to know which self-tests are suitable for use – for example, if you want to buy them yourself at the pharmacy or supermarket – visit the page on suitable self-tests .
Sample letter to order two free coronavirus self-tests (translations in English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, Polish)
In August 2021 every household in the Netherlands will get a letter from the ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport to order 2 ...
Flyer self-test in other languages (English, German, Spanish, French, Arabic, Turkish, Polish, Chinese)