Dutch measures against coronavirus: basic rules for everyone
Keep following the basic rules to control the spread of coronavirus. People can still infect each other, even when they have been vaccinated. Keep washing your hands and keep your distance. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible. This will help prevent the virus from spreading.
Basic rules for everyone
- Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home and get tested as soon as possible.
Wash your hands
Wash your hands thoroughly and regularly with soap and water. This will help prevent the virus from spreading.
- Always do this when you get home or visit someone.
- Touch your face as little as possible.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
Stay 1.5 metres away from other people
If people are close to each other they can easily pass on the virus.
- So you should keep your distance from people you do not live with, including relatives and friends.
- Avoid busy places.
- Work from home, unless that is not possible.
- Wear a face mask where required, such as on public transport and in shops.
COVID-19 symptoms? Stay home and get tested as soon as possible
If you have symptoms, avoid infecting other people.
- Stay at home and make an appointment to get tested.
- Even if your symptoms are only mild, like a runny nose.
- Stay at home while you are waiting for your test results.