Travelling and going on holiday
Holiday travel abroad is possible but limited. Everyone must do what they can to avoid spreading the virus, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
- Travelling abroad
- Travelling to the Netherlands from abroad
- Travelling to the Netherlands: exemptions to the entry ban
- Air travel
For everyone living in the Netherlands, the following advice applies:
- Keep travel to a minimum.
- Limit contact with other people.
- Travel smart and prepare well.
- Travel off-season if you are not bound to school holidays..
Holidaying in the Netherlands
- Consider visiting regions or cities that are not tourist hotspots.
- Avoid busy places and travel outside peak hours. Travel by bike or on foot as much as possible for short journeys.
- If you decide to go on holiday in the Netherlands: follow the basic rules.
- Stay at home if you have symptoms and call 0800 1202 to arrange a coronavirus test.
Additional local measures
Additional local measures may apply in certain Dutch cities and regions. Check the website of the city or region you will be visiting to find out what these are. For instance, check the city of Amsterdam's website for information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Amsterdam.