Air travel and coronavirus measures
If you are travelling by plane, make sure you travel smart.
- Airlines and airports have put rules in place. Before you travel, contact your tour operator or airline and the airports you will be visiting to ask for more information.
- People with symptoms that could be caused by coronavirus are not allowed to fly.
- All passengers must fill in a health screening form before departure, declaring that they do not have any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- You are advised to check in online before you go to the airport.
- The same rules apply at Dutch airports as elsewhere in the Netherlands: If you have any symptoms stay at home, stay 1.5 metres away from others, and practise good hygiene.
- Because it is not always possible to keep a distance of 1.5 metres at airports, passengers must wear a non-medical face mask in certain areas, including at customs and security.
- At Amsterdam Schiphol Airport you must wear a non-medical face mask at check-in and at security.
- You must also wear a non-medical face mask on the aircraft.
- Make sure you carry enough face masks with you. Replace the face mask after each use, if it is damp or after no more than 3 hours of wearing it.