Requirements for negative PCR test result
You are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result if you are travelling to the Netherlands from most countries. If you are coming from a country outside the EU/Schengen area, you are also required to present a negative test declaration bearing your signature.
Test must have been conducted less than 72 hours before arrival
The time between samples being collected from your nose and/or throat, and your arrival in the Netherlands must be no more than 72 hours. The test result must be known before you depart for the Netherlands. To arrange a COVID-19 test, contact the health services in the country you are departing from.
If you are delayed through no fault of your own, a negative test result based on a sample collected up to 96 hours before arrival (instead of 72 hours) will still be accepted. This gives you an extra 24 hours. You must be able to prove you had no fault in the delay.
Information that must be provided on the test result
The negative test result must be in English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish or Dutch. A translation of the test result will be accepted provided the translation bears the original signature or stamp of the doctor or institute that conducted the test.
The document must include the following information:
- Type of test: the test used must be a molecular PCR test for the diagnosis of active SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19). No other type of test, including a rapid test, is valid;
- Test result: the test result must be negative (or ‘not detected’);
- Your given name and surname as stated in your passport;
- Date and time you were tested: the test sample must have been collected no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in the Netherlands;
- Name and contact information of the institute or laboratory that conducted the test.
If you are coming from an EU/Schengen country you only have to present a negative test result. If you are coming from a country outside the EU/Schengen area, you are also required to present a completed and printed negative test declaration bearing your signature.