Requirements for proof of vaccination
Below, find out what requirements your proof of vaccination must meet for entering the Netherlands from abroad.
EU entry ban
People who have been fully vaccinated are exempt from the EU entry ban, unless they are travelling from a country that has been designated as a very high-risk area due to the presence of a variant of concern.
Proof of vaccination
Proof of vaccination will not be valid until 14 days after full vaccination.
Proof of vaccination is accepted only if it:
- has been issued following vaccination with a vaccine that has been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or is on the Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization (WHO);
- has been issued based on full vaccination. That means that:
- the vaccination schedule consists of a single dose and this single dose has been administered (Janssen); or
- the vaccination schedule consists of two doses and:
- both doses have been administered, or
- one dose has been administered and it has been confirmed that the person vaccinated had previously been infected with the virus SARS-CoV-2.
- has been issued in one of the following languages:
- includes the following:
- information identifying the person who has been vaccinated.
- information demonstrating that the person in question has been fully vaccinated against the virus SARS-CoV-2.
- the name of the vaccine and the name of the manufacturer or marketing authorisation holder of each dose of the vaccine administered.
- the date on which each dose of the vaccine was administered.
- the name of the country in which the vaccine was administered.
- the name of the issuer of the proof of vaccination.
- a signature or stamp of authenticity placed by the issuer.
The following vaccines have been approved by the EMA/WHO:
- Astra Zeneca EU (Vaxzevria) ;
- Astra Zeneca - Japan (Vaxzevria);
- Astra Zeneca - Australia (Vaxzevria);
- Astra Zeneca-SK Bio (Vaxzevria);
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - United States of America;
- Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty);
- Johnson & Johnson ((COVID-19 Vaccine) Janssen);
- Moderna (Spikevax);
- Serum Institute of India (Covishield);
- Sinopharm BIBP;