Appointment of ambassadors
The cabinet has approved eight ambassadorial appointments proposed by foreign minister Stef Blok. The appointments will not be final until they are formally approved by the host countries concerned.
The appointments are as follows:
- Permanent representative to NATO (duty station Brussel): Marisa Gerards, currently ambassador in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Angola (duty station Luanda): Anne van Leeuwen, currently advisor at the Directorate-General for Political Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Bangladesh (duty station Dhaka): Harry Verweij, currently ambassador in Bujumbura, Burundi.
- Holy See / Vatican City (duty station Rome): Caroline Weijers, currently project leader for the 2018 Honorary Consuls Conference.
- Iran (duty station Tehran): Jaap Werner, currently acting consul-general in Bangalore, India.
- Lithuania (duty station Vilnius): Bonnie Horbach, currently consul-general in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Tunisia (duty station Tunis): Ton Lansink, currently consul-general in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- South Sudan (duty station Juba): Janet Alberda, currently consul-general in Erbil, Iraq.