Supporting ambitious entrepreneurs and startups
The government wants to help ambitious startups and other entrepreneurs to grow quickly. Startups are new businesses that have only recently been launched. Fast access to networks and finance are vital for them.
Ambitious Entrepreneurship Action Plan
The government is supporting entrepreneurs, including startups, through its Ambitious Entrepreneurship Action Plan. It is important that they have better access to capital, knowledge, innovation and the global market. To achieve this and help entrepreneurs, the government has set aside €75 million to:
- provide early-stage finance so entrepreneurs can research whether an idea or product is technically feasible and suitable for the market.
- strengthen the international position of startups and growing businesses. And attract foreign startups to the Netherlands through the StartupDelta initiative.
- provide temporary residence permits for non-EU entrepreneurs, creating opportunities for them to start a business in the Netherlands.
- develop the NLevator initiative – a platform created for and by ambitious entrepreneurs which aims to help businesses grow faster.
- fund Eurostars projects – innovative technology development projects involving business and knowledge partners from at least two different European countries. Eurostars funding has supported innovations such as medicines to combat gastrointestinal infections.
- provide funding under Horizon 2020 – the European Commission programme to stimulate European research and innovation.