What travel documents do posted foreign workers need?

Foreign nationals working temporarily in the Netherlands must have a valid travel document. For residents of the countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and of Switzerland, a national passport or identity card will suffice. Workers from outside the EU must have a residence permit and an employment permit for the EEA country where they will be working.