Obtaining a declaration to work as an under-aged co-driver of a truck

If you are aged 16 or 17 and enrolled on a vocational training course in transport and logistics, you can apply for a declaration to work as a bijrijder (co-driver) on a truck. To obtain this declaration, you will need a letter from the Samenwerkingsorganisatie Beroepsonderwijs Bedrijfsleven, SBB (Foundation for Cooperation on Vocational Education, Training and Labour Market). The letter should state that you are enrolled as a student on a vocational training course.

Last updated on 26 October 2021

Applying for a declaration

To obtain a declaration to work as a co-driver in a truck when 16 or 17 years of age, please send an application to the SBB.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Decree on working hours for transport, Article 2.7:4

Found what you were looking for?