Questions and answers - Hurricane Irma
40 questions and answers on Hurricane Irma
I need help
- Looking for someone or want to report that you are safe?
- I am on St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba, where can I go for assistance?
- I am running out of medication, and I have no more food or water. What should I do?
- How can I obtain food and safe drinking water?
- I’ve lost my passport. What can I do?
- Where can I apply for an emergency passport?
- I have been called on by the authorities in St Maarten to return for work reasons. Who will arrange my accommodation?
Shelter and emergency aid
- Are there shelters on Saba?
- Are there shelters on St Eustatius?
- Are there shelters on St Maarten?
- Can I be evacuated?
- Will the airports reopen soon?
- At what locations are emergency supplies being distributed?
- I have been evacuated and have arrived at Schiphol airport. I am a non-Dutch national. What should I do?
- After I have been evacuated, what do I do when I arrive in the Netherlands?
Public order on St Maarten
Military personnel and aid from the Dutch government
- Which naval ships are in St Maarten?
- What exactly are the military personnel doing to help on the islands?
- Are Dutch military and Marechaussee personnel and police officers from Aruba and Curaçao helping to restore order in Sint Maarten?
- What is the government doing to help in the aftermath of the hurricane?
- How are the navy vessels purifying water?
- Why took it so long to get relief efforts going?
- What is the reconstruction team going to do?