I am on St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba, where can I go for assistance?

You are on St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba.


  • If your family member lives on St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba, it’s important that they contact the local authorities.
  • Are you a resident of St Maarten who wants to go to the Netherlands? You are advised to follow the instructions of the local authorities. For information on flights, contact the local travel agency or airline.
  • If you are temporarily in financial difficulties, you are advised to contact the local authorities.


  • If you have travel insurance, you are advised to call the emergency number of your insurance company, e.g. ANWB, Eurocross, Allianz, SOS.
  • If you are injured, contact a doctor or the hospital and ask for medical assistance. Are you insured? If so, call the emergency number of your insurance company.
  • If you want to apply for an emergency travel document on Saba or Sint Eustatius, contact the Dutch diplomatic representation in Philipsburg For more information on emergency travel documents, contact the Royal Military and Border Police (Koninklijke Marechaussee): + 31 20 603 80 63.


Do you have a question about the situation on St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba? You can use this contact form to ask your question. If you prefer to ask your question by phone, you can call 1400 (week days from 8 AM to 8 PM) if you are in the Netherlands.
If you are in St Maarten, St Eustatius or Saba or any other country, the number to call is +31 77 4656 767. Due to the time difference, you can only phone this number from the islands until 2 PM local time.
Dutch citizens in other countries in the hurricane-affected region who need assistance should call +31 247 247 247.