Applying for debt discharge if you have been overpaid a Wajong benefit (or have received it without being entitled to it)

If you have been overpaid a Wajong benefit, or if you have received a Wajong benefit without being entitled to it, the UWV will reclaim that amount from you. You are obliged to repay the overpayment. If you are unable to repay this amount, you can apply to the UWV for full or partial discharge.

Eligibility for debt discharge

To obtain full or partial debt discharge, you must meet certain conditions. For example, for the last three years, your income cannot have been more than 90% or 95% of the threshold for obtaining income support. Please consult the UWV website to find out about eligibility for debt discharge (in Dutch).

Applying for debt discharge

Please contact the UWV to apply for debt discharge by calling the UWV telephone number for employees.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Law on provision of incapacity benefit to disabled young people, Article 2:62