Who can I contact if I have a complaint about medical research?

You must not be exposed to unnecessary and avoidable risks when taking part in medical research. 

If you have a complaint about the research, you should talk to the researcher about it. If you prefer not to talk to the researcher, you can submit your complaint to the complaints committee of the institution doing the research. You will find the telephone numbers in the letter you received from the researcher.

You can also report your complaint to the Health and Youth Care Inspectorate (Inspectie Gezondheidszorg en Jeugd, IGJ). The IGJ website explains what kind of complaints the IGJ investigates and how they go about it.