Filing a complaint with a disputes committee about a healthcare provider

If the contact with your care provider was different from what you expected, for example, something did not go well with your treatment, and you have made a complaint that has not been resolved, you can forward your complaint to a geschilleninstantie (disputes committee).

Last updated on 12 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Healthcare providers and disputes committees

All care providers must be affiliated with a disputes committee. This independent committee must be recognised by the Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport (Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport).A disputes committee is independent and impartial.

You can only file your complaint with a disputes committee if you have filed your complaint first in writing to your healthcare provider.

Filing your complaint with the disputes committee

You can send your complaint to a recognised disputes committee (in Dutch). Ask your care provider about the appropriate disputes committee.

The disputes committee will issue a decision that both parties must abide by.

If you would like advice on a possible solution to your complaint, please contact the Landelijk Meldpunt Zorg – LMZ (National Healthcare Report Centre) (in Dutch).

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet kwaliteit, klachten en geschillen zorg, artikel 21

Have you found what you were looking for?