File a complaint with the complaints committee of a school for vocational or adult education (BVE)

Do you have a complaint regarding a school for secondary vocational education (MBO school) or adult education? Such as on the conduct of an instructor or on a decision by the school board? If so, please contact the instructor or school management first. If you are unable to resolve the matter with them, you can file a complaint with the complaints committee.

The following people may file a complaint:

  • Current, prospective and former students
  • Businesses
  • Personnel
  • Others

Last updated on 3 June 2021

Complaints committee

Every MBO school must have a complaints committee where anyone may submit a complaint. After investigating the complaint, the complaints committee will issue its opinion to the school board. The school board may take measures based on this opinion.

If the school you wish to complain about does not have its own complaints committee, this school must fall under one of the national complaints committees (in Dutch).

File a complaint

You may submit your complaint to the complaints committee at the school. Or to one of the national complaints committees if the school does not have its own complaints committee. Check if the school has a staff member who helps with the complaint process.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Law on education and vocational education (Article 7.4.8a)

Found what you were looking for?