Notifying the UWV that you are going on holiday while receiving unemployment benefit (WW)

If you are receiving unemployment benefit (WW), you are entitled to receive 20 days of holiday leave. During this period, you will continue to receive your benefit and you do not need to look for work. However, you do need to notify the UWV before you go on holiday.

Last updated on 26 January 2021

Notifying the UWV that you are going on holiday

You need to notify the UWV of your holiday (in Dutch). You can do this using the WW amendment form (in Dutch). You will need your DigiD to do this. If your holiday plans change – for instance, if you decide to stay longer – you must report this to the UWV.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Law on unemployment, Article 101

Rules implementing the Law on unemployment 2015, Article 5

Regulation on holidays under the Law on unemployment and the Law on income for older unemployed persons

Found what you were looking for?