The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
Koenders and al-Maliki condemn attack on Jerusalem synagogue
Foreign minister Bert Koenders is deeply shocked and disturbed by the attack on a synagogue in Jerusalem. He ...
Government further defines international security policy
According to the government's new policy letter on international security, 'An active foreign policy is ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order