The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
The Netherlands remains loyal NATO ally
‘The Netherlands is a loyal NATO ally, ready to shoulder its responsibility.’ These were the words of foreign ...
Special Envoy for Counterterrorism appointed
Piet de Klerk has been appointed Special Envoy for Counterterrorism. This will be Mr De Klerk’s principal task ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order