The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
Treaty gives Commission on Missing Persons international status
On Monday in Brussels foreign minister Bert Koenders signed a treaty making the International Commissions on ...
The Netherlands and Morocco spearhead international initiative against foreign terrorist fighters
Today and tomorrow more than 30 countries, plus the EU and the UN will meet in Marrakesh to discuss the issue ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order