The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
Koenders sounds alarm bell in UN Human Rights Council: ‘We must do our utmost to turn the tide’
Speaking at the opening of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva today, foreign minister Bert Koenders issued ...
Koenders and Lavrov discuss Nemtsov, Ukraine and Syria in Geneva
Foreign minister Bert Koenders met with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov in Geneva today. Mr Koenders ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order