The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
Special Envoy for Counterterrorism appointed
Piet de Klerk has been appointed Special Envoy for Counterterrorism. This will be Mr De Klerk’s principal task ...
Bangladesh: first steps taken, but still a long way to go
One and a half years after the disaster at the Rana Plaza factory complex, significant steps have been taken ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order