The Netherlands plays an active role in preventing armed conflict worldwide and strengthening the international legal order by, for instance, participating in peace missions and supporting reconstruction in post-conflict countries. In addition, the Netherlands is host to the International Criminal Court and the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia.
International peace and security
This issue contains 4 sections.
Koenders: ‘Agreement is first step towards a new Mali’
The peace agreement signed in Mali last Friday is the first step towards a new Mali, says foreign minister ...
The Netherlands suspends aid to Burundi
The Netherlands has partially suspended aid to Burundi. Development cooperation minister Lilianne Ploumen and ...
All about International peace and security
- The Netherlands' military missions
- An international approach to peace and security
- Middle East peace process
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- The Dutch approach to demining
- Women, Peace and Security - UN Security Council Resolution 1325
- International legal order