Am I entitled to remigration benefit?
If you satisfy certain conditions, you can receive remigration benefit. The conditions depend on where you came from (your country of origin) and when you came to live in the Netherlands.
Conditions to receive remigration benefit
You must satisfy the following conditions to receive remigration benefit:
- you must be at least 55;
- you must have lived in the Netherlands for at least eight years;
- you must have been born outside the Netherlands;
- you must be or have been a national of the country of origin;
- you must have been at least 18 when you came to live in the Netherlands;
- you must have come to the Netherlands before a certain date (the date depends on the country of origin);
- you must have been receiving a Dutch benefit for at least 12 months.
Country of origin
You must have been born outside the Netherlands to receive remigration benefit. You must also have moved to the Netherlands before a certain date.
|Country of origin||Date of admission to the Netherlands|
|Turkey||before 1 July 2014|
|Morocco||before 1 July 2014|
|Tunisia||before 1 July 2014|
|Cape Verde||before 1 July 2014|
|Serbia||before 1 July 2014|
|Montenegro||before 1 July 2014|
|Bosnia-Herzegovina||before 1 July 2014|
|Kosovo||before 1 July 2014|
|North Macedonia||before 1 July 2014|
|Suriname||before 1 July 2014|
|Croatia||before 1 July 2013|
|Slovenia||before 1 May 2004|
|Spain||before 1 November 1993|
|Portugal||before 1 November 1993|
|Italy||before 1 November 1993|
|Greece||before 1 November 1993|