Can I make a complaint about the Child Protection Board?

You can make a complaint if you are dissatisfied with the conduct of an employee of the Child Protection Board. Your complaint must relate to a case that is currently being examined by the board and you must be involved in the case.

Types of complaint

You can submit a complaint about:

  • the way the Child Protection Board carried out an investigation;
  • the way a report by the Child Protection Board report was established;
  • how you have been treated by an employee of the Child Protection Board.

Making a complaint

You can submit your complaint in writing or orally. You must do so within one year of the incident to which your complaint relates.

Complaints made against employees must be submitted to the director of the regional office where the employee in question works. If you have a complaint about the director of a regional office or an employee of the national agency, you must submit it to the general director of the Board.

The Child Protection Board’s website lists the address details for all locations (in Dutch).

Processing complaints

The director will deal with your complaint within six weeks of the date on which the Board received it. This period can be extended by four weeks.