What do I need to do in the event of a disaster?
In the event of a disaster in your area, you need to take a variety of measures. For example, when you hear the emergency siren, close all windows and doors.
General measures in the event of an emergency
Every disaster or emergency is different. However, there are a number of things you should always do in the event of an emergency:
- If you hear a siren, go inside and close all doors and windows.
- Warn and inform the people in your area.
- If you are injured or in immediate danger, call emergency services or try to ask others for help.
- If you are not injured, help others where possible.
- Try to get information from a reliable source. Listen to the regional emergency radio station.
Be prepared for emergency situations
At Denkvooruit.nl you can find information about different kinds of disasters and incidents and how to prepare for them.