What do I need to do in the event of a disaster?
In the event of a disaster in your area, you need to take a variety of measures. For example, when you hear the emergency siren, close all windows and doors. The website Crisis.nl will display important news, information and announcements in the event of a disaster.
General measures in the event of an emergency
Every disaster or emergency is different. However, there are a number of things you should always do in the event of an emergency:
- If you hear a siren, go inside and close all doors and windows.
- Warn and inform the people in your area.
- If you are injured or in immediate danger, call emergency services or try to ask others for help.
- If you are not injured, help others where possible.
- Try to get information from a reliable source. Listen to the regional emergency radio station or go to Crisis.nl (in Dutch).
Go to Crisis.nl for information on disasters
In the event of a disaster or emergency, government bodies may use Crisis.nl to communicate important news, information or announcements. That way, you can quickly find out what is going on and what you need to do.
The Crisis.nl homepage will always display the source of the emergency information. This may be a municipality or safety region or indeed a ministry or central government body.