Ending a civil partnership

Do you wish to end your civil partnership? You can do this through a lawyer or civil-law notary? If you have children under the age of 18 or if you and your partner disagree about the ending of your partnership, you must apply to the district court to end the partnership.

Last updated on 12 September 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Parenting plan

If you have children under the age of 18, you must firstly draw up a parenting plan. This contains the agreements you have made about the care and upbringing of your children. You can then start the court procedure to end the civil partnership.

Applying to end a civil partnership

You can submit an application to end a civil partnership (in Dutch) to the district court. You will need a lawyer to do this. You can submit your request on your behalf or together with your partner.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Burgerlijk Wetboek Boek 1, titel 5A

Wetboek van Burgerlijke Rechtsvordering

Found what you were looking for?