Notifying your pension fund of divorce or ending a civil partnership

If you are getting divorced or ending your civil partnership, then you and your ex-partner will both be entitled to half of the retirement pension. This relates to the retirement pension you accrued during your marriage or registered partnership. However, you must notify the pension fund of your divorce.

Last updated on 22 August 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Distribution of pension rights in the event of divorce

The distribution of the retirement pension is also known as the equalisation of pension rights in the event of divorce. The distribution of retirement pension (in Dutch) applies to divorces after 30 April 1995. The Information sheet on the Distribution of retirement pension in the event of divorce (in Dutch) provides further information. For example, you can find out about the distribution and payment of the pension.

Reporting a divorce to your pension fund

You can report your divorce to your pension fund(s). To do so, please use the form Reporting a divorce in connection with the distribution of retirement pension (in Dutch). You must do this within 2 years of the divorce.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet verevening pensioenrechten bij scheiding

Found what you were looking for?