Supporting ambitious entrepreneurs and startups
The government wants to help ambitious startups and other entrepreneurs to grow quickly.
Ambitious Entrepreneurship Action Plan
The government supports (startup) entrepreneursthrough its Ambitious Entrepreneurship Action Plan, providingbetter access to capital, knowledge, innovation and the global market. The government has set aside €75 million to for the following activities:
- early-stage finance for researching whether an idea or product is technically feasible and suitable for the market;
- strengthen the international position of startups and growing businesses.
- attract foreign startups to the Netherlands through Techleap and Netherlands Point of Entry;
- provide temporary residence permits for non-EU entrepreneurs,
- develop the NLevator initiative – a platform created for and by ambitious entrepreneurs which aims to help businesses grow faster;
- fund Eurostars projects – innovative technology development projects involving business and knowledge partners from at least two different European countries;
- provide funding under Horizon 2020, the European Commission programme to stimulate European research and innovation.