How can my company obtain certification for the import of military goods?

You can obtain certification for your company from Customs’ National Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) Centre. This speeds up and simplifies the process of importing military goods from other EU member states, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein.

Applying for certification

You can apply for certification (authorisation) (link in Dutch) through the National AEO Centre. Once you have AEO status, your foreign suppliers will often no longer need to apply for individual licences: a general licence will suffice. You can find more information on applying for different types of licences (link in Dutch) in Customs’ manual on safety, health, the economy and the environment (Handboek VGEM).

Register of certified enterprises

A register of certified defence-related enterprises (Certider) can be found on the European Commission’s website. These enterprises can transfer military goods to certified enterprises in other EU member states, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein on the basis of a general licence.