Applying for a carer’s public transport travel pass

If you cannot travel independently on public transport because of a disability, you can apply for an OV-Begeleiderskaart (carer’s public transport travel pass). The OV-Begeleiderskaart allows 1 travel companion to travel with you free of charge. You can use the pass on most trains, metros, trams and buses in the Netherlands.

Last updated on 11 August 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Eligibility for an OV-Begeleiderskaart

To apply for an OV-Begeleiderskaart (in Dutch), you must meet certain conditions. For example, you may be eligible if you are suffering from a serious form of epilepsy. You can check whether you may be eligible for an OV-Begeleiderskaart on the Agronaut website (in Dutch).

Applying for an OV-Begeleiderskaart

You can download an application form for the OV-Begeleiderskaart (in Dutch) from the Argonaut website.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Besluit personenvervoer 2000, artikel 45

Regeling OV-begeleiderskaart

Found what you were looking for?