Accessing, rectifying and deleting data held by the police

In the Netherlands all types of data is held by the police to enable them to carry out their tasks efficiently. For example telephone numbers and incident reports. You can ask the police what data has been recorded about you and who they share this data with. You are also entitled to have this data corrected or deleted.

Last updated on 28 December 2021

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Accessing police data

Would you like to access to the data the police hold about you? Then you need to submit a written request to the police (in Dutch).

On the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens – AP (Data Protection Authority) website you can find a sample letter (in Dutch) for accessing your data.

Rectifying and deleting police data

Is the data that the police hold about you incorrect? You can ask the police to rectify, restrict or delete your data (in Dutch). To do this, you must send a written request to the police. On the AP website you can find a sample letter to have your data rectified or deleted (in Dutch).

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet politiegegevens

Found what you were looking for?