Remigration policy for non-Ukrainian displaced persons
Are you staying in the Netherlands under the Temporary Protection Directive (TPD), but you are not a Ukrainian citizen and have no permanent asylum or residence permit for Ukraine? Then your right to residence under the TPD will probably end on 4 March 2023.* You may be eligible for the temporary remigration policy. *
Did you flee Ukraine, but you're not a Ukrainian citizen? Under the remigration policy, the Dutch Repatriation and Departure Service (DT&V) can offer you assistance and financial support for return to your country of origin or a country outside the European Union. You can make use of this support if you meet the conditions and apply before 1 February 2023.
What can the DT&V do for you?
DT&V can offer you help in the following ways:
- Advice and information about repatriation and return.
- One-way airline ticket.
- Assistance during your departure from Schiphol Airport.
- Financial support, to be received at Schiphol Airport:
- € 5.000 per person if you apply between 15 November and 31 December 2022 and leave the Netherlands within one month of applying;
- € 2.000 per person if you apply between 1 January and 1 February 2023 and leave the Netherlands within one month of applying.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible under the remigration policy if you meet the following conditions:
- You have/had a (temporary) residence permit for Ukraine.
- You were registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) of a Dutch municipality before 19 July 2022.
- You agree to cooperate with the DT&V by providing or releasing the necessary information and following instructions relating to my departure.
- You declare in writing in the application or at a later stage, but before departure, that you withdraw any pending residency procedures and, in the case of a residence permit, waive the right to residence.
- Your departure from the Netherlands would not mean the cancellation of any criminal prosecution or extradition charges involving you.
- You are a citizen of a third country, not Ukraine, an EU Member State, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, the United States or Switzerland.
- You possess a valid travel document with which departure to your country of origin or another country outside the European Union for which you hold long-term residence status, can actually be realised.
Sign up before the deadline!
You can only receive assistance under the remigration policy if you apply before 1 February 2023. Applications will be accepted from 15 November 2022. Apply by completing and sending the online form. Or print out the form in PDF, complete it, take a photo and email it.
After we receive your application, one of our staff members will contact you.
To the online form:
Aanvraag remigratiebeleid niet-Oekraïense ontheemden | Nieuwsbericht | Dienst Terugkeer en Vertrek
To the print form:
Aanvraagformulier remigratiebeleid niet-Oekraïense ontheemden | Formulier | Dienst Terugkeer en Vertrek
* Unless you have a temporary residency permit on grounds of national or international protection or residency under the TPD as a family member.