Obtaining a Pleasure Boat Licence

If you want to sail a pleasure boat and the craft is between 25 metres and 40 metres long, you need a Pleasure Boat Licence (Groot Pleziervaartbewijs, GPb). You need to take an exam to obtain this licence. The Pleasure Boat Licence does not allow you to use your vessel commercially.

Last updated on 19 May 2021

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Pleasure Boat Licence exam

You can sit the exam for the Pleasure Boat Licence (in Dutch) with the CBR.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Binnenvaartwet, artikelen 25, 26 en 27

Binnenvaartbesluit, artikel 31

Binnenvaartregeling, artikel 7.8

Found what you were looking for?