What can I do if I disagree with the results of a breath analysis or blood test after a violent offence? (French): Que puis-je faire si je ne suis pas d'accord avec le résultat d'une analyse de l'haleine ou une analyse de sang après une infraction de violence?

If the police have cause to think you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs when they arrest you for a violent offence, you must submit to a breath test and breath analysis (for alcohol), a saliva test and blood test (for drugs), or a breath test, saliva test and blood test (for combined use of alcohol and drugs). If you disagree with the results of the breath test or blood test, then you can have a counter-test done. This leaflet describes in French the rules and procedures for alcohol and drug testing and counter-testing.