Where can I report a suspected human rights violation in the Netherlands?

If you want to report a suspected human rights violation, there are various institutions and organisations you can go to. They each have different focuses and responsibilities.

Discuss the suspected violation with the responsible party

First, contact the individual or organisation that you believe is responsible for the human rights violation. Try to discuss the matter and find a solution. If you are dealing with an organisation, check whether it has a complaints committee.

Submitting a complaint

If your efforts to reach a solution are unsuccessful, you can contact one of the following organisations, depending on the exact nature of your complaint:

Taking your case to court

As a last resort you can decide to go to court. If you believe that your human rights have been violated, but the court in the Netherlands rules otherwise, you can lodge an application with the European Court of Human Rights.