The Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK) is one of the eleven ministries of Dutch central government. The ministers and civil servants formulate policy, prepare legislation and regulations, and are also responsible for coordination, supervision and policy implementation.
The Ministry safeguards the core values of democracy. BZK stands for effective public administration and public authorities that the public can trust. BZK helps people live in affordable, safe, energy-efficient homes in pleasant neighbourhoods where everyone counts and everyone takes part. The Ministry deals with the following isues:
- democracy and the rule of law;
- public administration;
- the quality of personnel and management within central government;
- the Dutch constitution and the system of constitutional government;
- the partnership with Curaçao, St Maarten and Aruba;
- public housing and government buildings;