Appealing against a decision by a public authority

Do you disagree with a decision by a public authority and have you objected to this decision? For example, because you applied for a subsidy and are not getting it? If so, the public authority must take a decision on your objection. If you disagree with this decision, you can appeal before the court.

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Lodging an appeal

You can appeal against a decision taken by a public authority (link in Dutch) by lodging a beroepschrift (notice of appeal). Here, you explain why you disagree with the decision on your objection. You must do this within 6 weeks of your objection being rejected.

In most cases, you should send the notice of appeal directly to the court. In some cases, however, you need to lodge the appeal with another body. You can find more information in Dutch about appeals in the brochure ‘Bezwaar en beroep tegen een beslissing van de overheid’ (Objection and appeal against a decision by a public authority).

Laws and regulations

Algemene wet bestuursrecht