Requesting a tax reduction

Do you disagree with your aanslag (tax assessment notice)? Are you are too late to file an objection? Then you can apply to the Belastingdienst (Tax and Customs Administration) for a reduction of your tax bill. The Belastingdienst will then investigate whether the assessment notice is correct. If the assessment notice was too high, it will be reduced.

Last updated on 27 December 2021

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Applying for a tax reduction

Applications for a tax reduction must be made in writing (in Dutch). You can do that at your tax office. Find your local tax office via the Belastingdienst website.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Algemene wet inzake rijksbelastingen, artikel 65

Wet inkomstenbelasting 2001, artikel 9.6

Found what you were looking for?