Convert a performance grant into a gift if entitled to youth occupational disability benefits (Wajong)

If you are following a tertiary study programme and will obtain your qualification within the 10-year graduation period, you do not need to repay your performance loan. This turns the grant into a gift. If you have become fully and permanently occupationally disabled and are entitled to receive youth occupational disability benefits (Wajong) during the graduation period, then you may be eligible to convert your performance grant into a gift. This is called the Voorziening prestatiebeurs bij Wajong (Wajong performance grant provision).

Last updated on 11 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Impact of Wajong on student financing

Please visit the Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs – DUO (education implementation service)  website to read about the impact of Wajong entitlement on your student financing.

Request conversion of a performance grant into a gift

You can apply for the Wajong performance grant provision (in Dutch) from DUO.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet studiefinanciering 2000, artikelen 4.13 en 5.15

Have you found what you were looking for?