Request financial support for delayed tertiary (higher) education studies

Are you in a tertiary education programme and your studies have been delayed due to special circumstances, such as a pregnancy, or because you joined your student union board? You can request financial support from the Profileringsfonds of your college or university.

Last updated on 11 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Conditions for the financial support

You must meet the following conditions to receive support from the Profileringsfonds:

  • you have paid the statutory tuition fees for your programme;
  • you receive student financing, or you were expecting to receive student financing;
  • your studies are delayed due to special circumstances, or you expect your studies to be delayed.

Special circumstances

Some examples of special circumstances would be:

  • membership on the board of a student union, a representative advisory board or a study programme committee;
  • pregnancy and childbirth;
  • disability or chronic illness.

Request financial support

You apply to your university or college for financial support through their Profileringsfonds.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet op het hoger onderwijs en wetenschappelijk onderzoek (Profileringsfonds)

Have you found what you were looking for?