Applying for surviving dependants’ benefit (ANW-uitkering)

If your partner dies, you may be entitled to the ANW-uitkering  (surviving dependants’ benefit). This is financial support from the government.

Last updated 12 January 2022

Conditions for the ANW-uitkering

To get an ANW-uitkering, you must meet certain conditions. For example, you are providing for a child under the age of 18. Or you are more than 45% unfit for work. You can find all the conditions for the ANW-uitkering on the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) website.

Applying for an ANW-uitkering

Were you married to or a registered partner of the deceased? If so, you will automatically receive a letter from the SVB. This letter will tell you how to apply for your ANW-uitkering.

If you lived with the deceased as a partner but were not married or in a registered partnership, you will have to apply for the benefit through the SVB.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Surviving Dependants Act

Found what you were looking for?