Applying for an equipment or support allowance as an employee in the case of sickness or disability

If you have an illness or disability, and you need special equipment or support to help you do your job properly, you may be eligible to apply for an allowance for certain equipment or support, such as an adapted office chair, a job coach or a sign language interpreter. You can also apply for transport services if travelling to work is difficult, such as a travel allowance or an allowance for adapting your car.

Last updated on 13 October 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Eligibility for an equipment or support allowance

To be eligible for an equipment or support allowance, you will need to meet certain conditions. For example, you must have an illness or disability that prevents you from carrying out your work. This is also referred to as a structurele functionele beperking – SFB (structural functional disability).

Applying for an equipment or support allowance

Please contact the UWV to apply for support.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet werk en inkomen naar arbeidsvermogen



Have you found what you were looking for?