Applying for trial placements (job-seekers)

If you are looking for work and you have a job prospect, but the employer has doubts about whether you are able to do the job, you might be able to apply for a trial placement. This means that you will work for an employer on a trial basis for a maximum of two months. The UWV (Employee Insurance Agency) must give its permission for a trial placement.

Last updated on 3 January 2023

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Eligibility for a trial placement

To get permission to work in a trial placement, you must meet certain conditions. For example, you must be currently receiving unemployment benefit (WW) or incapacity benefit and there must be a presumption that it would be difficult for you to find work without a trial placement. Please consult the UWV website to find out about eligibility for trial placements.

Applying for a trial placement

Please contact the UWV to apply for a trial placement. You can use the form ‘Application for a trial placement’.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Werkloosheidswet, artikel 76

Beleidsregels proefplaatsing UWV 2023

Found what you were looking for?