You have the right to be treated correctly by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy. If that is not the case you can submit a complaint to the Ministry as laid down in Section 9 of the General Administrative Law Act (Awb).
Internal right of petition
If you complain the administrative authority involved will first be given the opportunity to deal with the complaint itself: internal right of petition.
Written complaints submitted directly to the Ministry regarding the behaviour of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy will be dealt with by the department concerned with the assistance of the Department of Legislation and Legal Affairs (WJZ). The internal complaints procedure will be registered by the Department of Legislation and Legal Affairs.
You may submit a complaint in writing or verbally. The formal procedure only applies to written complaints.
- You will received a written confirmation of receipt of your complaint.
- Someone not involved in the matter concerned will deal with the complaint.
- Both parties, complainant and party against whom the complaint is made, will be given the opportunity to be heard, unless the complainant indicates that he or she does not wish to be heard.
- The complaint should be dealt with within six weeks.
- If you are dissatisfied with the internal processing of your complaint or the result you can submit a complaint to the Nationale ombudsman.
You may address your complaint about the behaviour of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy to:
Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
PO Box 20401
2500 EK The Hague
Mark your letter and envelope “KLACHT” (complaint).