The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy promotes:
- A competitive business climate. By abolishing unnecessary regulation and creating business-friendly fiscal policy.
- Specific policy for innovation and enterprise to support businesses in areas where it is really necessary. This makes the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy the central access point for government information and services in the area of innovation, export and financing. Additional attention is paid to creating favourable conditions for key areas like chemicals, water and energy.
- A world-class agri-food sector, that can be further strengthened through investment in innovation and sustainability.
- Support for Dutch business abroad. Through economic diplomacy, for example, and assistance from embassies and consulates.
- Clean, reliable energy. Clean energy is not only essential, it is also a prime export product.
- Business practices that take nature and animal welfare into account. This creates a balance between economy and ecology.