Applying for kinderopvangtoeslag (childcare benefit)

Is your child is going to childcare or buitenschoolse opvang – BSO (after-school childcare), you may be eligible to receive kinderopvangtoeslag (childcare benefit). Childcare benefit is a contribution towards the costs of childcare.

Last updated on 31 August 2022

Lees deze informatie in het Nederlands

Eligibility for childcare benefit

To be eligible for childcare benefit, you must meet certain conditions, e.g. you must be in work or education. The Dienst Toeslagen website sets out all the conditions for claiming kinderopvangtoeslag.

Applying for childcare benefit

You can apply for kinderopvangtoeslag online, via

Requesting childcare allowance for childcare outside the Netherlands

Do you want to apply for childcare benefit for childcare outside the Netherlands? Consult the Register buitenlandse kinderopvang (Register for childcare outside the Netherlands) to see whether the childcare centre is registered.

Laws and regulations (in Dutch)

Wet kinderopvang

Found what you were looking for?